Venturexpert is a member of the Global Compact and is committed to respecting the 10 principles of the Global Compact.
The Global Compact calls on companies to adopt, support and implement within their sphere of influence a set of core values in the areas of human rights, labor and environmental standards and anti-corruption. In other words, companies must make real progress only in the areas that affect them.
These ten principles are inspired by :
- The Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- The Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work
- International Labor Organization
- The Rio Declaration on Environment and Development
- The United Nations Convention against Corruption
- Businesses should promote and respect the protection of international human rights standards within their sphere of influence;
- Ensure that their own companies are not complicit in human rights abuses.
- Companies are called upon to respect freedom of association and recognize the right to collective bargaining;
- The elimination of all forms of forced or compulsory labor;
- The effective abolition of child labor;
- The elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
- Companies are encouraged to apply the precautionary approach to environmental problems;
- Take initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility;
- Encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
Fight against corruption
- Businesses are urged to combat all forms of corruption, including extortion and bribery.